Friday, October 14, 2005

 

Where goes Laxman?


I see an end of road for Laxman. At least in the one day arena. If he cannot find place in a team without Kaif and Ganguly, after playing spectacularly in the challengers trophy, I don't think the selectors are willing to give him any more chances. I don't think there are any other avenues to show his one day prowess. I suspect he's fallen out of favour with Chappell or the selectors, when he commented about the negative vibes in the team during the "Ganguly imbroglio". The zonal machinery is in place and I think it's a choice between Venu Gopal Rao and Laxman, and Venu's in fine form. I see his test post going pretty soon, unless he makes another series saving effort. I hate to see such a fine batsman losing out to such petty politics.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?