Friday, October 14, 2005

 

Good Bye IE!


I discovered Mozilla's Firefox. Well...I don't remember being excited about a software product like this in a while. It wasn't always like this. I used to be more open to using new products. But Microsoft lulled me into using IE without updating it for a really long time and I hadn't realized the rest of the world is moving on. Like the CNET review says, Microsoft just doesn't have any incentive to make their browser better anymore.

I haven't worked with any other browser except the Netscape Navigator and that was about eight years ago. But Firefox completely floored me. Tabbed browsing? Why didn't anybody else think of that? Built-in pop-blocker -- Welcome, and good-bye all those additional plug-ins I had to download from Yahoo and Google. And I definitely feel this is faster and less resource intensive than IE.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?