Tuesday, March 22, 2005

 

Vile Attitude


By now, my distaste for Ganguly is certainly evident in my earlier blogs. Not because he's a bad cricket player but because to me he comes of as a bad human being. Consider this: when asked about his bad form and if he's going to move down a slot, he says he's fine, there's a big innings around the corner and he's made most of the runs at his current spot. Then he says both him and Laxman are out of form and need to make runs. What's wrong with that, you say? Firstly, it's not proper to talk about other player's form when asked about yours. Why? Because you are implying that not only I am not in form, there's somebody else like me and I want you to look at his numbers. Second Laxman did not seem like he's out of form. He made a fifty and was out ninth wicket at Mohali. The first ball duck in the first innings was inexcusable but the second innings he was out looking to increase the scoring rate. It was unfortunate he got hit and couldn't continue to bat in his normal position and did what he was asked to do and got out. With Ganguly it wasn't the case. The three innings he played were disastrous and each time it was a free wicket for the opponents. They've spotted the man and they know how to get him out. I doubt he will have any success in the coming matches. So what does this mean? Ganguly says, if I am going down, I am taking Laxman with me, which is unfortunate.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?