Monday, December 27, 2004

 

Life in Hyderabad


So I am living in Hyderabad for a while now; but never once did I feel that I belong here. I have no affection for this city and the city did not grow on me. Everyday it makes me move away a little bit more. The reason: I know I will not stay here for longer than I need to and will move out by the end of the year. Still, I have known to be in love with the place I know I will be living only for a shortwhile. Like Ann Arbor for instance. I lived there for only a few months but loved the atmosphere.

Hyderabad for me is everything that's wrong with the globalization. It grew too fast, the priorities were wrong, and then we had a leader whose sole concentratred on the external make up of the city. For all the popularity he had has a man with a vision( he even floated something of a vision document called vision2020 -- perfect vision so to speak), the city stood very little by the way of improving quality of life. For those in the Banjara and Jubilee hills, maybe.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?